On February 25, 2020, in Madrid, Wiesław Urban, the project coordinator, at the invitation of the European Commission, presented the experience of our project and took part in a workshop discussion under the slogan Interregional Cooperation workshop, Lagging Regions.
The seminar was held as part of the EC’s horizontal activities aimed at collecting the experience of existing interregional cooperation and preparing recommendations for future Smart Specialisation support programs under the new 2021-2027 perspective. Several dozen people from regions of Spain, Portugal, Finland, Romania, Croatia, Italy and Bulgaria took part in the seminar.
During the seminar, many extremely important issues were raised, including:
- What benefits does internationalisation bring to regions?
- How to effectively support IS implementation in regions with per capita income below the EU average?
- What are the key development factors for less developed regions?
- How to build joint European projects?
- How to choose partners for projects?
We are glad that we could share our experiences. We also hope that we have added our pebble to more effective support programs for small and medium enterprises.