Date: February 23, 2021 | times are in CET time zone
Venue: Zoom platform, hosted by the Vidzeme Planning Region (Latvia)
Audience: national, regional authorities, RDI Institutions, business support organizations, business associations, transnational innovation, smart specialisation, and innovation actors
Through this conference we aim to show how private, public and third sector stakeholders from various levels can work together to develop joint solutions for macro regional competitiveness in innovation and industry, therefore also strengthen the competitiveness of the industry locally in very practical way. We believe that elaborating local policies with a foresight look on the trends, macro-regional priorities and knowledge from the industry make local development and growth rapid.
Link to registration HERE.
Download the agenda HERE.
Setting a new direction towards smart and collaborative innovation in the Baltic Sea Region
- Inese Suija-Markova, Managing Director of the Institute for Environmental Solutions (Latvia)
9:10-9:20 Welcome speeches
- Esa Kokkonen, Director of The Baltic Institute of Finland, EUSBSR PA Innovation coordinator (Finland)
- Wieslaw Urban, Associate professor at Bialystok University of Technology (Poland)
9:20-9:50 Tipping points shaping the policies for industry and innovation
- European Commission, DG REGIO, TBC
9:50-10:20 Bringing regions and countries together to set a new agenda for competitiveness
- EUSBSR National Coordinators’ Group, TBC
- Charis-Ariadni Loupasi, Project Officer and Deputy Programme Manager at Interreg BSR Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat
10:30-10:50 Developing an innovation ecosystem that works for the industry
- Esa Kokkonen, PA Innovation coordinator, Director of The Baltic Institute of Finland
10:50-11:10 Transnational innovation brokerage system – a solution for strengthening macro-regional innovation
- Wieslaw Urban, Associate professor at Bialystok University of Technology
11:10-12:00 Implementing collaborative innovation for the industry. Experience stories from Transnational Innovation Brokerage System (TIBS)
- Ģirts Broks, Vidzeme Planning Region (Latvia)
- Alfred Šostko, Lithuanian Innovation Centre (Lithuania)
- Anna Wrzesinska, Podlaska Regional Development Foundation (Poland)
- Steven Dehlan, Artificial Intelligence Centre Hamburg (Germany)
- Laura Gredzens, Valga municipality (Estonia)
12:10-13:30 Panel discussion. How can a policy get along with the needs of an industry?
- Moderated by Inese Suija-Markova, Managing Director of the Institute for Environmental Solutions
- Kristaps Ročāns, Managing Director of the Latvian Food bioeconomy cluster
- Steven Dehlan, TIBS Innovation broker, Artificial Intelligence Centre Hamburg
- Sebastian Rynkiewicz, President of Metal Processing Cluster, Poland
- Innovation/industry policy representative, female – TBC
13:30-13:45 Innovation policy and practice developments planned for 2021
- Robert Girejko, Representative of the Bialystok University of Technology
13:45-14:00 Wrap-up and closing
- Inese Suija-Markova, Managing Director of the Institute for Environmental Solutions
The conference “Setting a new direction towards smart and collaborative innovation in the Baltic Sea Region” is organized by the Vidzeme Planning Region in Latvia in close cooperation with EUSBSR Policy Area Innovation in the framework of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme project “GoSmart BSR”. Conference will be one of the local events of the European Union Industry Week 2021 that is an opportunity for stakeholders and citizens from all over Europe to establish a strong dialogue on the future of European industry. Conference is also one of the Vidzeme Innovation Week 2021 events that is an annual innovation promotion platform gathering regional, national, and international partners from the policy, research sector, education, and industry.
Vidzeme Planning Region
EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS WITH OUR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Tailored to your needs
TIBS brokers will evaluate your company and provide individually tailored solutions to foster the value chain approach, thus contributing to your business by:
- reducing your costs;
- increasing efficiency;
- providing benefit calculation.
Improve access to markets
TIBS brokers ensure access to 7 European markets and beyond. Our brokers belong to the network of networks and can provide you with necessary contact points that will help with:
- access to new markets;
- participation in company missions;
- finding new foreign partners.
TIBS brokers will support and guide you throughout the partnership building step by step from the very first idea to the very end when a partnership agreement is concluded.
TIBS will help your company to increase its competitiveness by introducing future trends, making recommendations on adapting a business model, sourcing innovation, transferring or gaining knowledge.